Monday, June 10, 2013

NCECA 2013

I probably should have posted about this months ago but I finally got around to uploading my pictures to the internet (which was a headache....computers and I hate each other).

NCECA or the National Council on Education for the Ceramic Arts hosts a conference every year at a different location around the United States. I had the privilege of not only going but volunteering at the 2013 NCECA Conference in Houston, Texas. This was my first conference and hopefully will not be my last. It was a wonderful week in March with so much art to see that I missed half of it. I went with two of my classmates, Nick and Jesse. We left on Wednesday the 20th and returned on Saturday. We heard speakers and watched live demonstrations and saw a lot of art. It was definitely worth the trip!

Downtown Hoston


Volunteering at NCECA




Gallery Opening at Winter Street Studios
Jesse and Nick appreciating the artwork



Eating at the Flying Saucer, Downtown Houston

No comments:

Post a Comment