Tuesday, March 18, 2014

What I Have Been Up To!


It’s been a few months since my last blog, and wow has it been crazy! I graduated, moved, got married, joined a new studio, began the Lunamals adventure, sold some artwork, and am preparing to have work in a few gallery openings! It’s been an exciting ride of ups and downs that I could not begin to describe but it has all been worth it!

In December 2013, I graduated from Midwestern State University with my Bachelors in Fine Arts. While I was sad to leave Wichita Falls, I was extremely excited to begin my new life as a full-fledged artist. I am currently back in South Texas and have since married the love of my life, A J Lopez III. That’s right everyone I have a new name, Teresa Lopez. Don’t worry it’s the same me, just with a little twist. While we are still trying to find a place to settle in, we have been very happy doing what we love best, Art! A J is anxiously waiting for the blue skies that will glow in the backgrounds of his night photography. As for me I have been lucky enough to find a new studio to call my home. 

The Barry Brown Clay Studio, located a rock throw away from the beautiful Gulf of Mexico, has become my new home away from home! My first day back on the wheel was a wonderful reminder to why I love creating artwork. (Keep your eyes peeled from some of my creations to pop up on my website soon!) I have also had the privilege of becoming a member at the Art Center of Corpus Christi and have artwork currently displayed in the Member’s Gallery and The Barry Brown Clay Studio. Also I have entered two of my Printmaking pieces, “Those Who Wander” and “When You Wish,” into the Earth Wind and Sky Exhibit that will be on display from April 2-27, 2014 at the Art Center of Corpus Christi. I will give you more information on that as it gets closer.

But probably the most exciting news is that one of my artistic visions has started to come alive. I have been working on the Lunamals for almost a year, and I am happy to say that it has finally been released on the world! I will write another post later on this week about Lunamals to fill you in. If you are like me and would like a quick taste, simply go to www.Lunamals.wordpress.com or like us on Facebook to get all of the new post sent directly to your Facebook feed.

2014 is being to look like a great year, and I cannot wait to see what else this year has in store for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment