Thursday, September 6, 2012

Squishables!

So I am obsessed with the company called Squishables. They are a company that sells big round stuffed animals. I know it sounds corny but I really like this group because they are constantly coming up with new animals you can buy and have a companions! This is great for a college students who can not have very many animals of their own.

Well I am fans of them on Facebook so I can keep up with all of their latest designs and you wouldn't believe what I saw the other day! They were asking for submissions from fans to create your very own Squishable!! We simply submit the design we have in mind and if chosen then our Squishable will be massed produced and sold on their website!!!! (There is also the prize money, gift card and recognition for designing the squish, but no one is counting that part of the deal....except a poor college student) Of course, I jumped on the chance to show off my skills!


This design posed a very interesting challenge. Not only would I have to come up with a unique squishy, I need to learn the dreaded computer program Illustrator! Side note: For those of you who don't know me, I am the least technologically coherent person you will ever meet! They fact that I have a blog and a website under construction is a really big deal for me (and that is all thanks to AJ)!! So I buckled down and worked on some tutorials and behold I actually learned something! My design isn't half bad if I don't say so myself.

The design for my squishable came from the newly discovered species, the Poodle Moth. This little bug was discovered in Venezuela by Zoologist Arthur Anker of Bishek. This little bug has been taking the internet by storm! Well who could resist such a cute little fuzz ball.

So with the skill I need and the idea in hand I set off to make a Squishable! I still have some design flaws to work out, but it will be ready for submission soon! My design is on the left and the cute real life Poodle Moth is below!

OH!!! I almost forgot! To win the contest I need you to vote for me. Look up Squishables on Facebook and become a fan. The designs must be in by the 14th and then the voting will begin!
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment