Monday, July 15, 2013

Sketching Daily: Day 7 "One Liners"

Week 2 of my Sketching Daily begins with some simple yet fun sketches. One Liners are more challenging than they look but you can come up with some fun designs if you work long enough at it. The idea is to draw a picture using one continuous line. This is different from just scribbling on a page because you want to hide that you are using one line but at the same time make it easy for the viewer to follow your progression across the page. It is a really good way to learn hand eye coordination and it helps you to slow down and really think about your subject. My beginning sketches were of flowers in a vase and fish bowls. You can also begin with bicycles, elephants, chairs and even peoples faces. The sky is the limit with these drawings.

Just have fun with them and enjoy laughing at your pathetic looking drawings. Here are my sketches!

 

This week, my sketching daily challenges will be decided by you!! You can message me in the comments below or follow me on facebook to keep up with everyone's suggestions! Search for Teresa's Mind and like the page to comment!


No comments:

Post a Comment